Welcome to the Region of Waterloo Child Care Registry and Waitlist
The online application for licensed child care
Emergency Child Care - School Age Children
The Region of Waterloo is coordinating an Emergency Child Care program for school-age children while all elementary schools are closed to in person learning. The program is being offered at no cost to parents/guardians who work outside of the home in eligible health care and frontline services. Please note: Emergency child care will not continue past the end of the current school year. Details regarding exact end dates can be found on the Region of Waterloo website.
To see if you are eligible for Emergency Child Care check the Province of Ontario’s list of eligible workers. If one (or more) parent/guardian is on the list of eligible workers and all parents/guardians in the household need to work out of the home, you can begin the application process for Emergency Child Care here, on OneList Waterloo Region.
- Choose “Waterloo Region Licensed Child Care” (yellow button)
- Click “Login” and enter email and password
- Click Apply to Programs
- May have to choose Waterloo Region Licensed Child Care again
- Then it will ask you “what type of care are you looking for?”
- Click on the box beside Emergency Child care - to “Check the box”, this will surface the Programs offering Emergency Child Care.
- Then choose “Apply” to view the programs your child is eligible for
- Click “apply” to the program that comes up – Emergency Child Care
There are various Emergency Child Care locations throughout Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo, Ayr, and Baden. Thank you to the following programs for providing Emergency Child Care spaces: Conestoga College, Creative Beginnings Childcare, Region of Waterloo Home Child Care, RisingOaks Early Learning, Wee Watch Home Child Care, and YMCA of Three Rivers.
For more information, you can call 519-514-1474 or email ECC@regionofwaterloo.ca.
Sign up and create a free OneHSN Account
Log in and complete your Family child care profile
Apply for Child Care Programs, Subsidy, and More!